Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Emulation

I began my emulation by drawing out different world landmarks. From them I picked three to use for my emulation, which were, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Empire State Buidling and the Golden Gate Bridge, as they were all fairly easy to then outline using the pentool in Adobe Illustrator, which is what you can see above.

After outlining each I then filled them, with different colours for each, in order to recreate those silhouetted shapes found in the copy.


I then repeadted this process with the pen tool with the Empire State Building and the Golden Gate Bridge.


Once I had silhoutted each drawing I put them all into a Photoshop document and arranged them in order to make them look appealing and fit together well.
I then produced this tracing of a map of the earth and painted it using watercolour. I thought by adding in a water colour I would be able to make the pice my own and also add in a slightly rustic look, which came slightly into the original, which had a slightly faded background look to it.

I added in the map and then finished off by adding in my intended title for my book cover, using a font that I found on Dafont.com and I thought suited the piece, due to it being a display font and also looking appealing to my target audience of teenagers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment