Monday, 28 April 2014

Colour Schemes

 Above I have changed the colour scheme of my final design by susing a complementary colour scheme. This type of colour scheme uses colours that are directly opposite each other on the colour wheel. In this case I have used orange and blue.The blue gives the design a calm feel while the orange gives the image more appeal and makes it more eye catching and vibrant, therefore catching the customer's attention.
This design uses an monochrome colour scheme, which means it uses one colour over a spectrum from light to dark. The use of water colour made this easy to achieve as thinner amount of paint, often made the same paint look lighter than usual. The green colour makes the design look quite calming, however monotonous due to the repetion over few and similar colours.

 This design uses an analous colour scheme. Analougous colours are next to each other on the colour wheel, which means that a similar but slightly varied shades of colour can be given. The colours I have used icnlude red, orange and yellow, which are thre colours that often go well together. However, after creating the design with this colour scheme I can see that it isn't something I like or would have used in my final design as the colours blend too much into one another and also these specifc colours create an overly warm feel to the piece, which is quite offputting and wouldn't work when attracting the cusotmer. It is also fairly in unrealistic in some aspects, expecially with the earth as the colours use a more complement the original and look slightly unnatural.
Finally I used a traidic colour scheme, which from the name means the use of three different colours. I have chosen to use red, green and blue, which has allowed me to create a more realisitic design, for example I could use more natural looking colours for the earth, which are the blue and the green, while also adding some vibrancy to the the design.

NOTE: The scanner used to scan in the designs has made the colours bright than inteded, which means there is more variety  in shades of each colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment